.







.

2/25/2010

Space Dancer


Finally had an idea to flesh her out... I'm thinking of a cross between a sea siren and an albatross... in space. 

I benched myself from drawing for a while, pinched nerve around the funny bones... a kind of carpal tunnel.  Before, i liked to draw on a stool, hovering over the drawing in an arm wrestling kind of position.  I even keep an old scarf on the desk to rest my elbow, but i was just putting too much pressure down on that area for the amount of time i spend drawing.  Half of my hands started to go numb, the same feeling when you sleep on something for too long but without the needles.  So i switched to a more relaxed position, a chair with a back, and less elbow up on the desk.  Problem solved.

9 comments:

Lucas Ferreyra said...

EXELENTE!

XAV said...

Very nice.

RAWLS said...

Good to hear that yer arm is alright my friend. Live and learn I suppose right?

Bob Lilly said...

When I used to draw all day, I worked on a tall stool and a tall legged table. This way the surface was just right standing up or sitting down.

I really like your stuff. You are very original and seem to be comfortable being a first rate you instead of a second rate imitator.

Chris Palmer said...

beeeeyutiful!

MIKE THOMAS said...

Thanks guys :) I was lucky enough to get it in both hands. It's gotten better but it looks like my left pinky will always be dead, unless the nerve gets surgically moved to the other side of the elbow.

Thanks Bob, that's really nice of you to say, it's probably something everyone hopes for in their work. I might be done with stools, the problem might be more about sitting comfortably than getting perspective over the drawing. The butt cushion is nice too.

AverageJohn said...

This turned out Excellent! That pose is great, and the light on the back looks nice too.

MIKE THOMAS said...

Thanks John :)

amauryons said...

Love your artwork dude...

Download Monk Episodes